What are the benefits of a VPS?
Using a VPS (virtual private server) in Auvoria Prime has several benefits for the customer and software developers.
- A user can be set up with their software with just a few clicks. There is nothing to download, upload, or install.
- Updates to the trading software are done automatically.
- The VPS is always connected to the Internet to prevent the loss of trade management.
- Software is protected from being stolen.
How can you speed up your VPS?
Like any digital media device, there are limitations to a VPS. Under certain conditions, the resources of the VPS can be used to their maximum, which would cause slow and sluggish response times on the VPS. Here are some suggestions if you are experiencing issues with your VPS.
- Having more open MT4 applications than are licensed is a waste. A person with a Silver Pass should have only two MT4 applications open. A third or fourth is unnecessary and only depletes resources.
- When an MT4 application is open, the only chart windows that should be open are the ones you are using to trade. Each unused open chart takes resources away from the VPS.
- Many people have the Market Watch window open on their VPS. This is not necessary and it takes resources away from the VPS. You can close the Market Watch window one of two ways: Go to View on the top menu, then to Market Watch and click it to make sure it closes; or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+M.
- Use RDP. While RDP is not required, experience is often better than VNC.
- Just force a hard close of the MT4: right-click on the tab at the bottom of your VPS screen —> close the window.
Then when you re-open the MT4 again, it may take a bit of time to load properly, but it normally responds again then.
If you continue to experience issues after making these adjustments please let our support staff know by submitting a ticket.